Tuesday, September 20, 2016

BoBunny Toy Box Projects

Hello scrappers!



Bobunny's toybox collection is so much fun! The bright colours and paper designs lend themselves to so many childhood themed projects! 

We've had this collection in our stash for a while, just waiting for inspiration to hit! When I saw a photo of a small gift box, I knew that was it. 





I created this box by cutting the template out on my Cricut (Cartridge: Box it up). I measured each side and cut out 4 squares 1/4 inch smaller than the side of the box, from 4 different papers in the collection. 

I edged the squares with chalk for effect, and adhered them to the sides and top of the box. 

For the topper, I threaded some baker's twine through a button and tied it at the top. I adhered it to the lid of the box with liquid glue. 

For the box front, I taped a piece of clear acetate to the inside of the box, covering the circle. I fussy cut some embellishments to decorate.

Finally, I filled it with gummy worms (I may have snuck one...or two!)

This treat box is on it's way to a special kid this week! 

I wasn't done with this collection yet! 

I needed to create a layout using these colours! One of the patterned cardstock sheets has an arrow pattern on it:



I've been wanting to try a lattice style layout for a while, and this paper was perfect for it! 

Here's the layout:



I cut the strips along the lines, and trimmed the top and bottom to define the arrow. I used varying lengths to add some interest. The leftover trim from the arrows were used at the side of the photo. 

I weaved the strips in and out of each other and tried to keep them straight while I glued them down (easier said than done!). 

I thought twine would give some great movement to the layout, especially since it's such a fun photo! The title was letters I had in my stash, and of course no baby layout is complete without some buttons! 

There we have it, another layout down and ready for the album! 

Lori
xo

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful primary brights are ideal for a baby or kids layout. Like the idea to cut paper into strips and weave. Tedious, yes, but worth the effort..... Lynda

    ReplyDelete