Saturday, September 3, 2016

Jack O'lantern Shaker card!

Good morning crafters!

So in keeping with our fall & Halloween crafting, I whipped up a quick card! 

I love shaker cards, it's such a fun element! Here's the card:


Here's how I made it!:

First I cut a sheet of plain orange cardstock, 1/8" smaller than my card front. In Cricut Design Studio, I created a rectangle the same size as the cardstock. I found jack o'lantern faces (Cartridge: Pumpkin Carving), and placed them where I wanted them to be cut inside the rectangle. I had to ensure I left enough space around the edge to adhere the foam tape. 

I cut the faces and placed an edge of black around the orange cardstock. I used Pebbles 2012 Halloween collection for the purple polka dot background paper as well as the stripe across the front of the card. 

I glued the purple paper directly to my card front, not the cardstock. Now it was time to get my shaker on! 

I guess I was maybe a tad too excited about this card. I got my foam tape all measured out, adhered it all to the back of the orange cardstock and started to fill it in with the black sequins. Something seemed off though. 

I forgot to put my clear plastic paper between the cardstock and the foam tape! My sequins were falling right through the jack o'lantern faces! Oops! 

I fixed up the mistake and put the sequins in again...this time they stayed put! I peeled the backing off the foam tape and stuck it to the card base. 

The moment of truth... (I always get worried I may have left a gap or space where all my shaker elements fall out! Crafter nightmare!)

I added the 'BOO" and spider webs from my stash, and that was it! 


I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making it! 

Lori
xo






2 comments: