Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Teddy Bear Card & Gift Box

Hello crafters! 

If you're familiar with Forever in Time's paper collections, you know they all have glitter and embossing elements on them, which makes them awesome to work with! 

We have a few different collections in the shop but the one I couldn't wait to start working with was A Teddy Bear Life! It's so flippin' cute! 

Here's what is included in the 6 pack of double sided paper:



Super cute right! Teddy bear patterns always make me think of 'get well soon' type crafts and comfort. Who didn't have a favourite teddy when they were sick as a kid!? 

I found the cutest little box in Cricut Design Space, kind of like a mini Timbit box. Here's the completed project:



This was actually a really easy project to make. After I cut out the box on the Cricut, I cut out a few of the borders included on one of the papers. It fit almost perfectly around the box. 

*It's worth noting here that when creating these types of boxes, it's easiest to decorate before assembly as much as you can. 

I fussy cut the bear image, acorn and mushroom and adhered them in front of the border strip. The square images on either end were cut from the journaling card paper (I love when collections include those!)

The get well tag was also made with a trimmed down journaling card and stamped with Lawn Fawn's 'On the Mend' stamp set. I tied it up with a bit of yellow striped baker's twine and that was that! Now to fill it with a treat! 

As much as I loved the treat box, I wasn't done working with this collection! What goes better with a get well treat, than a get well card! 

Here's the card I made to go with the treat box:



This card was super simple to make as well. 

I simply cut 2 rectangles from paper in the collection and adhered them to a card front. I divided the 2 papers with a border strip and cut a journaling card for the sentiment. The 'Sending hugs' was also from Lawn Fawn's 'On the Mend'. 

The next friend that needs a little pick-me-up will have this special treat on their door step! 

Thanks for looking!

Lori
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment