Friday, August 5, 2016

Crate Paper Farmhouse Layout

Good Morning Scrappers!

For us, fall is all about family time and getting the little ones out to enjoy the cool weather before the snow sets in. Every year we visit a local farm to get some fresh produce, take a hay ride and pick some pumpkins. 

As soon as I saw these journaling cards from Crate Paper's Farmhouse Collection,  I knew they would be perfect for scrapping our trip to the farm last fall! 






I love using journaling cards on layouts because they add clean lines to start with, which allows you to  build on top of that. I picked 6 cards from this sheet that I thought would go well together. I'll use the others for other layouts or cards. 



I placed the cards on the layout, and used my grid crafting mat to ensure they were even and straight. I shopped through my stash to see what I already had that would fit the theme. 

Wood embellishments go great with this collection because the color palette is very outdoorsy (is that a word!?).

I used some washi tape to embellish two of the cards, and a few metal pieces to add depth. 

The title 'blessed' is from the Simple Stories 'We are Family' collection. The colors of that collection also work well here. 

This fall will, of course, include another trip to the farm for pumpkin collecting! Do you pick your own pumpkins in the fall?

Lori
xo






No comments:

Post a Comment